Metro Detroit — Twelve Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit will welcome new principals this fall, including five high schools welcoming new leaders.
At the high school level:
- Donna Sweeney will take over as principal at Cabrini High School in Allen Park, succeeding 13-year principal Jim Wasukanis. Sweeney, a 1978 alumna of the school, previously served as assistant principal.
- Kevin Cumming, assistant principal at Detroit Cristo Rey High School and former principal of Rochester Adams High School, takes over as principal at Cristo Rey. He succeeds Susan Rowe, the school’s founding principal, who has served in that role since 2008.
- Jeanine Kenny, former principal of St. Patrick School in Brighton, will become principal and head of school at Our Lady of the Lakes High School in Waterford. Kenny succeeds Richard Vanden Boom, who is leaving to assume duties as principal of a high school in Saudi Arabia.
- Robert Pyles, principal at Our Lady of Refuge School in Orchard Lake, takes over as headmaster of nearby St. Mary’s Preparatory High School in addition to his duties at Our Lady of Refuge.
- Damian Hermann, former principal of Divine Child High School in Dearborn, begins as interim head of school for the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Bloomfield Hills, taking over for longtime head of school Sr. Bridget Bearss, RSCJ.
At the grade school level:
- Lisa Pacholski becomes principal at St. Frances Cabrini Elementary and Middle School in Allen Park.
- Melissa Hunt takes over as principal at Our Lady of Good Counsel School in Plymouth.
- Emily Lenn begins her tenure as principal of St. Augustine School in Richmond.
- Lisa DiMercurio starts her new role as principal of St. Lawrence School in Utica.
- Lee Ann Brennan takes over as principal at St. Mary School in St. Clair.
- Kathleen Johnson becomes principal of St. Sebastian School in Dearborn Heights.